Our service is unique, as we appreciate that our clients require religious and cultural understanding. This is facilitated by trained mediators who understand the problems facing our community.
- Religiously and culturally sensitive
Stages in Mediation
There are three core steps in stage 1 and in stage 2, which are:
1 party or 2 parties; Also applicable and beneficial for any one party, even if the other party is not willing to take part in mediation
- Step 1 Listening to disputes - We listen to both parties separately and empathically and allow them to express themselves freely in the absence of other party.
- Step 2 Identifying causes - We identify the main/root causes to the conflict/dispute with both parties separately.
- Step 3 Exploring options - We explore options for resolution / finding solutions separately with both parties.
Both parties; Usually, applicable and beneficial when both parties are taking part in mediation willingly and progressing towards a collective resolution
- Step 1 Joint meeting - After the above 3 steps we assess the need for joint meetings and organise joint meetings if necessary.
- Step 2 Resolution agreement - If successful through the joint meetings then we mutually agree on resolution(s)
- Step 3 Follow up - We organise post resolution follow up meetings (if necessary)